Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Seeking Peace of Mind in the Blogosphere

Plain and simple, this is catharsis...and actually quite zen when I think about it. I am making public private thoughts, which are not for public comment, but personal clarity. Let me get to the point: this blog is about relationships and the struggles that I am certain everyone can identify with. This will not be gossip. It will not be presented in the "let me bash my bf/gf," or "I wish they would burn in hell..." sort of way. I am not seeking public approval for my actions and feelings, as I have seen so many relationship blogs do.

Catharsis:
a) A release of emotional tension, as after an overwhelming
experience,
that restores or refreshes the Spirit;
b) A purifying or figurative cleansing of the
emotions,
described by Aristotle as an effect of tragic drama on its audience.

I have already penned some content for this blog, but I thought that an introduction was appropriate. This is not an exercise in isolated narcissism, but a sharing of human feelings for other human be-ings. Yes, I am seeking clarity and peace of mind in an exercise of naked candor. In this stretching of the proverbial spiritual muscles, I am hoping to let go of some of my human foibles and imperfections, and grow in the process. I am hoping to restore and refresh my Spirit. This blog is mainly about being honest and then testing it. In this process, I hope to find direction.

However, we are human and, though we are individuals and make our own choices, humans go through very similar things. So I am also hoping to give something to those who may waiver between idealism and cynicism, who have been battered and beaten by the tragic drama that is Life, but still want to believe that there is something Higher for them to aspire to, to be a part of (not apart from). I doubt many will come across this blog amidst the ocean of babble, but if you are reading this now, believe you have found these words for a reason. Stop for a Moment and accept the synchronicity... marvel in it.

At this point in my Life, I could be bitter and see the World as half empty, but this just brings one's Spirit down, and makes us ugly inside and out. There is Beauty and Love and Harmony and Peace out there, but we have to have different eyes to see these things clearly. Eyes are the windows to the Soul, and this blog is about seeking a peace of Spirit as well, for unless we see the Beauty, Love, Harmony and Peace within, Paradise may surround us and we will be blind to it.

I do not pretend to have the Answers. If I did, I would not be sitting here blogging. I am hoping to find some answers and inner peace. If you, Reader, join me in this journey, I welcome the company along the Way.

No comments: