Friday, June 13, 2008

What Dreams May Come?

The Paths of You and Me,
That began as the One Path of Us,
Separate at the crossroads of our Future.
Now here I stand nonplussed;
Sadly, I hesitate, needing to make a choice:
Which road shall I tread?

On the Path With You, I dream that you are there,
With compassion, affection, honesty,
You see yourself clearly, and you see me where
You are, in the midst of our Happiness.

On the Path of Me, I can dream of you no more,
For you are elusive, cold, isolated,
Closeness and intimacy you deplore,
Hiding behind your defensive wall of deception.

I pray for the Path of Us,
But wonder if it ever was.
As I took those steps,
Walking in our shoes
Was I in a dream?
(Stupid is as stupid does)
Or was there solid footing inclined
Upwards?

Standing at the crossroads,
I will never know,
For all that is behind,
Far beyond the Horizon
Of our Long Ago.
Perplexed that it could not last,
Wondering what dreams may come,
What the Future may bring
I shudder with dread, and want to run.

No comments: